Online Safety Tips
Our Promise to You
Your Security is of the utmost importance to us here at City National Bank. That's why we've provided this handy set of tips to help you protect yourself against phishing and identity theft. We believe that the best defense against online criminals is for us to keep you, the customer, as informed as possible. So keep reading below and you'll find information to help keep you safe as you enjoy our online lobby.
How We Keep You Safe
Every time you enter information into a form on our site, the page is Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encrypted. This means that data transmitted through this form is protected by a layer of encryption which prevents anyone from hijacking that data.
What's more, all of the information you send through these forms is stored in a SAS70 Type II facility, the highest security designation available. When you do anything on our site, you can rest assured that you are protected by top-of-the-line security technology.
How You Can Stay Safe
Identity theft can occur in a number of ways. These include:
- Getting personal information off of bills or credit statements in the trash.
- Eavesdropping on personal transactions in public.
- Impersonating a bank or credit union in an email (phishing).
- Gathering information from a facsimile of a legitimate site.
Firstly,City National Bank will never ask for your personal account information via email. If anyone claiming to be from City National Bank asks for this information via email, please report it to us.
- Here are a few things you can do to prevent identity theft:
- Shred any documents with your social security number or credit information rather than throwing it away.
- Log off your computer when you leave it.
- Install anti-virus and anti-spyware software on your computer and run it at least every two weeks.
- Change your password every three months. Avoid names of family member or pets.
- Be wary of emails from sources you don't know.