Frequently Asked Questions
City National Bank has been serving our community for over 100 years. We believe in building long- term customer relationships. The customer advocate tips represent our commitment to insure our customers banking experience is good one! We want our customers for life and we are glad to share money and time saving tips to insure our customers are always pleased after each of their banking experiences!
Who do I call if my Credit or Debit card is lost or stolen?
Our security professionals are available to help you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
To report a debit card, call 1-800-472-3272
To report a Visa or Mastercard Credit Card, call 1-888-503-3358
What do I do if I think my identity has been stolen?
Instructions on detecting, defending, detering identity theft can be found on the website of the Federal Trade Commission at www.ftc.gov.
How can I get my bank information over the phone?
Our telephone banking product is called Access24 and offers real time balances and up to the minute transaction history as well. Customers can dial Access24 directly at 352 2265. This is also a free service and simply requires enrollment. To enroll for Acess24, contact customer service at 512 352 2265 ext 339 or 800 848 8472 ext 339.
Where can I get some of the reconciliation forms to help me balance my checkbook?
How can I protect my account from insufficient funds charges?
The easiest and least expensive way to prevent overdraft charges is through automatic, account to account protecting transfers. With our protecting transfer service, we can automatically withdraw funds from another account that you own to prevent costly overdraft fees. You get to decide what balance you would like for the account to have before a transfer would occur as well as make the decision as to what amount you wish to transfer. These transfers happen automatically and there is no charge to set this feature up on your account. To add this valuable service, please complete and return this form to us.
What types of Free checking accounts are available at City National Bank?
We offer 3 different Free Checking accounts. They are Reward Checking, NetAdvantage and Regular Free Checking. We suggest the Reward Checking Account because it is free AND you can earn interest on the balances kept in the account AND ALL foreign ATM charges will be eliminated for Reward Checking customers who have a monthly direct deposit of their payroll or government benefit.. (View all account disclosures here).
The NetAdvantage also earns interest and is free. With our Regular Free Checking Account, we will deliver a monthly statement in the mail to you without images of the checks. If you would like to have images included in your statement and mailed to you, we suggest our Value checking account which is only $5.00 per month. (Tip: Free checking customers can receive copies of their checks if they elect to have their statement sent via encrypted email each month.)
How can I get money to and from my account at another bank?
We offer a free service called external transfers. It is a part of our Internet Banking Product and it allows secure transfers over the internet to or from from any account in the country. Money can be moved from one account to another within 1-3 days.
How do I get a copy of a check?
Front and back Check images are available at our secure website. Online Banking Customers may access as many check images as necessary without incurring any fees.
Customers may also request copies of checks through our customer service department at email@example.com.
How can I make unlimited transfers without incurring a fee?
Unlimited account transfers are available through Online banking or over the phone through Access 24. (Federal regulation restrictions on Savings Accounts and Money Market Accounts apply)
How can I get Online Bill Payment for Free?
Online Bill Payment is available free on any checking account with monthly direct deposit. The direct deposit may be company payroll or government benefit.
How can I transfer money to and from my account at another bank without incurring a wire transfer fee?
We offer a free service called external transfers. It is a part of our Internet Banking Product and it allows secure transfers over the internet from any account in the country. Money can be moved from one account to another within 1-3 days. To sign up for external transfers please go to the User Services tab within internet banking and click the Add External Account link.
What is the bank's Routing Number?
CNBT's routing number is: 114901859
What is the quickest way to reorder checks?
Customers may reorder their checks through our secure website or directly at www.deluxe.com. If changes to a check order are necessary, please contact our check ordering department at 800 848 8472 ext 311.
Which checking account pays the most interest and is still free?
How can I do my banking without having to wait in line at the bank?
Most banking transactions can be performed without actually coming to the bank.
Deposits can be made in any of our night depositories located at each of our bank facilities or at our Automated Teller Machines (ATM) located at 3206 N. Main, 305 Talbot, 212 N. Main, in Taylor; 405 FM 685 in Hutto; 217 W. Commerce St. in Granger; inside the main lobby at 212 N. Main and 207 E. Hwy 79 in Thorndale. Withdrawals may also be made at any of our ATMs. For a list of our ATMs click here.
How can I make sure merchants take my check even when I am out of town?
Visa Check cards work just like checks and are accepted at over 17 million locations around the world.
How can I get a copy of previous statements?
Up to 7 years of past statements are available at our secure website. Online Banking Customers may access up to 7 years of previous statements beginning with the date of enrollment in Online Banking.
What is Mobile Check Deposit?
Mobile Check Deposit is a convenient, easy way to deposit checks from your mobile device into one of your accounts. With the The City National Bank of Taylor Mobile Banking app on your iPhone®, iPad®, or device utilizing the Android® operating system, you can take a photo of your check, enter the check information and securely submit your deposit for processing.
Is there a bank fee to deposit my check with my mobile device?
Mobile Check Deposit is FREE to eligible customers. There may be charges associated with text messaging and data usage on your device. Check with your wireless carrier for more information.
What accounts are required to be eligible for use with Mobile Check Deposit?
Checking and savings accounts are eligible for Mobile Check Deposit.
Where can I find the Deposit tab within my downloaded app?
All users should first download the latest version of the app from iTunes® or Google Play®. After successfully completing the login process, simply tap the global navigation button located in the upper left-hand corner of the application. Select the "Check Deposit" option to begin your Mobile Deposit. Only those that are eligible for Mobile Deposit will be able to continue the deposit process after login.
What if I don't see the Deposit tab within my downloaded app?
Only devices that have an auto focus camera are supported for Mobile Check Deposit. If you do not see a "Check Deposit" option in your global navigation menu, your device likely does not have a camera with auto focus.
Can I use Mobile Check Deposit with any mobile device?
Eligible phones include:
iPhone® (3G or higher with iOS 6.0 or higher). Older iPhones® and devices without a camera are not supported.
- iPad® (2 or higher with iOS 6.0 or higher). iPad Mini® is also supported (with iOS 6.0 or higher). Other iPad® versions and devices without a camera are not supported.
- The iPod Touch® is not supported at this time.
- Android® (2.2 or higher operating system) with a rear-facing camera that supports auto focus.
You must also download and install the latest version of the The City National Bank of Taylor Mobile Banking app from iTunes® or Google Play®.
Are there transaction limits with Mobile Check Deposit?
Currently, deposit limits are defined by The City National Bank of Taylor.
Are my checks deposited immediately?
Successfully submitting your check image with your mobile device will begin the deposit process. However, the processing time to complete the deposit may vary. Funds deposited before the daily cut-off time as determined by The City National Bank of Taylor on a banking business day (every day except Saturdays, Sundays and federal holidays) are normally available for withdrawal on the first business day after the day of the deposit. If you transmit an item after the cut-off time, or on a day we are not open, we may consider that the deposit was made on the next business day we are open. Check your deposit history on the "Recent" tab within the application to see your deposit status.
How do I view my deposit history?
1. Sign in to the The City National Bank of Taylor Mobile Banking application.
2. Tap the global navigation button located in the upper left-hand corner of the application.
3. Select the "Check Deposit" option.
4. Select the "Recent" tab and navigate to your check.
5. Click on a single deposit to view the available transaction detail.
What should I do with the hard copies of my checks?
After successfully submitting a deposit with The City National Bank of Taylor Mobile Check Deposit, it is advisable that you keep all original documents in a safe place for personal records.
What types of checks are not eligible for Mobile Check Deposit?
- Checks must be made payable to only you. Joint checks or checks made payable to "Cash" are not allowed.
- Checks must not be drawn on a foreign bank or payable in a foreign currency.
- Checks must not be altered on the front of the check in any way.
- Checks must have an authorized signature. Demand drafts or remotely created checks are not allowed.
- Checks must not be dated more than six months prior to the date of deposit.
- Checks must not have previously been returned stop payment or account closed.
How do I deposit a check?
- Your check should have a valid account number and check number.
- Before you begin, properly endorse your check with your signature. The endorsement should read: For Mobile Deposit Only & include the account number of the account holder.
- Sign in to Mobile Banking, tap the global navigation button located in the upper left-hand corner of the application, and select the "Check Deposit" option.
- Select the "Deposit" button and navigate to the check deposit screen. You will need to complete the check deposit form in order to submit your deposit request. Note: "Continue" will appear disabled until all required fields are completed.
- You should make sure your check is placed on a dark, flat, well-lit surface.
- Select either the "Front" or "Back" camera icon to take a photo of your check.
- Align the check image with the Camera viewfinder frame. Be sure to take a photo of the check side that matches the helper text: "Front" or "Back" in the viewfinder.
- Tap the camera icon in the viewfinder to take the picture. If the preview looks correct, select the "Checkmark" button. If not, simply tap the red "Redo" button and try again.
- After you have successfully taken the "Front" and "Back" photos of your check, you will see small thumbnail image previews on the check deposit screen.
- In the "Amount" field, enter the amount of the check you are depositing. Be certain the entered amount matches the amount on the check.
- Tap the "Deposit To" field to select a deposit eligible account.
- After all the required fields are completed, the "Continue" button will appear enabled.
- Enter your email address in the "Email Receipt To" field if you would like to receive an email receipt of your deposit request.
- Review your entries and select the "Continue" button to complete the form.
- Select the "Approve" button to finalize and submit your deposit request.